The MVM Rail Advantage
Spending less time controlling vegetation can lead to fuel and labor cost savings, and frees crews to complete other vital maintenance projects.
Benefits of Roadside/Transmission Spraying
Cost effective way of controlling undesirable weed and woody species
Herbicide application provides a more efficient and cost-effective weed/brush control than mechanical removal, which is prohibitively expensive and very labour intensive
· Herbicide application is 40% (or greater) more cost effective than just mechanical control
Improved Traffic Safety
· Improved visibility at curves
· Safe set backs from tree line
· Reduce risk of trees falling on transmission lines and roadways
· Minimizing of wildlife deaths
Improved Crew Safety and Smaller Environmental Impact
· A herbicide application takes less time and is longer lasting effect than mechanical control. This leads to less workers exposure to hazardous cutting activities and potential safety hazards
· Herbicide application alone or in a integrated mechanical/herbicide program burns less fuel and leaves a smaller environmental footprint than using only mechanical control
· No biomass to remove or dispose of after treatment
Compliance With Legal Obligations
· Control of noxious weeds
· Reduce risk of legality from traffic related issues
Each truck is manned by a experienced operator that is certified and trained to operate this type of equipment.
MVM Rail can use its extensive experience with IVM programs to come up with a roadside program that will best suite your needs.